Navigators Internationals Student worker in the Netherlands(deze vacature is expliciet ook open voor Nederlanders)
Context, Vision and Dreams
Throughout history, the Netherlands has welcomed foreigners. Internationals have come to trade, travel, study and even to settle down here. The Netherlands as a small country has had an enormous influence beyond their own borders because of their global vision. Today, the international community is growing and the opportunities for international students to study continues to broaden. Students from all over the world like the Middle East, Asia, and broader Europe are taking hold of these opportunities.
This gives us as Navigators an increasing opportunity to make Jesus known to these international students who are often spiritually searching.
Our desire is to develop a disciple-making ministry amongst international students in the Netherlands. Currently we are present in seven cities and long for more. We want to develop a long-term vision for sustainable international ministry here that has the potential to expand into the rest of Europe and the nations by raising up a national team of long-term international student workers, who equip and send people out.
That’s why we are searching for International Student workers who will join us as staff.
- To initiate relationships, develop and coordinate opportunities for discipleship, and practice hospitality and friendship with lost international students.
- Develop healthy relationships and teamwork with Navigators staff and students in various cities where international student ministry is launching;
- Network and partner with local churches and other para-church organizations who desire to reach out to international students;
- Facilitate and coordinate the sharing of people and resources for ministry amongst internationals;
Resource and connect students who are transitioning back home.
- (Open to develop in) sharing your life with students and challenge them to follow Jesus, and willing to set your own life as an (imperfect) example to others.
- A desire to help international students encounter Jesus personally, become His disciple, and help making Him known within their spheres of influence.
- (Preferably) Seasoned staff with some international student ministry experience who are able to pioneer a ministry that has yet to be established, but we are also open for inexperienced younger staff who are interested in this opportunity to grow into.
- English as a first language or ability to speak English clearly as ministry will be done in English.
- Financially supported from gift income.
- Willing to give a 3-5 year commitment.
What we offer
- An enthusiastic team of 55 (mostly Dutch) staff working in different student ministries across the Netherlands;
- A stimulating context to grow in leadership through training and coaching;
- Practical support in raising and maintaining funds;
- Thousands of international students who are often very open to relationships and the Gospel if one is willing to come alongside them.