Navigators Internationals Student worker in Wageningen (NIW)
NIW Staff Job Description
Location: Wageningen, Netherlands
- Wageningen is a city of 40,000 inhabitants, with around 4,000 international students. It is an extremely culturally diverse place, with a great opportunity to “make disciples of all nations”. Currently there is a Navigator International community in Wageningen (NIW) with around 40 participants from 27 different nations, and it is growing. (Most of the NIW community participants are in their 20s and early 30s, so someone who has a few years of ministry experience is preferred.)
- Work together with the current staff and volunteers to shepherd and lead the growing community.
- Engage in spiritual conversations with Christian and non-Christian international and Dutch students and young adults.
- Facilitate Discovery Bible Study groups.
- Organize and lead NIW gatherings.
- Provide Life-to-Life discipleship for group participants.
- Provide support for a volunteer team (small group leaders, administrative help, leadership team, etc.).
- Network with other student groups and churches to find opportunities for partnership.
- Assist in the development of a local community discipleship program (helping train local laborers to be disciples who make disciples.)
- Assist with creating and organizing outreach events.
- Live off gift income (fundraising).
- Must live in Wageningen.
- Participate in Dutch Navigator staff training.
- All ministry is done in English, so fluency in English is necessary.
- Willing to give a 3-5 year commitment.
- A heart and passion to see the Good News spread to the nations.
- A heart for pastoral care and shepherding.
- Open to learning.
- Flexibility and creativity.
- Spiritual formation.
This position could be done by one person or shared by a couple. Could be part-time or full-time.
Deadline: Please contact email@example.com by Dec. 19, 2022. Contact Steve.Nugteren@navigators.org for more information.